Atecpool Filtration Media AFM®ng, Sand & Gravel
Atecpool AFM®ng is a unique bio resistant filter media.
- AFM®️ was the most effective filter media, AFM®️ ng 1 achieved 94.6 % at 1 micron at 20 m/hr (8 gpm/ft2). The data also confirms AFM®️ ng 1 removed 99.6% of all particles down to 5 microns, and the equivalent grade of sand only achieved 72.97%.
- The surface area is 300 times larger than the surface area of sand or other glass filter media.
- The surface area is important for all adsorptive and catalytic reactions. In contact with the water free radicals (OH-radicals) are formed, which protect the surface from bio-fouling.
- AFM®️ ng: Filters 95% of all particles down to 1 micron.
- AFM®️ : Filters 95% of all particles down to 4 microns.
- Sand: Filters 95% of all particles down to 20 microns.
- Glassand: Filters 95% of all particles >25 microns.
- 50 % AFMng 1
- 25 % AFMng 2 as supporting layer
- 25 % AFMng 3 as supporting layer
- For smaller filters (<1000 mm diameter) and for all filters with nozzle plate irrespective of filter diameter, use 50 % of AFM®ng 1 and 50 % of AFM®ng 2. AFM®ng 3 is for larger diameter filters to ensure adequate filtration.